Elective Title: 84KX702 — GENERAL PEDIATRICS
To introduce the student to primary care in the office with associated inpatient care. General pediatric care to be demonstrated with some emphasis on newborn care. Student will be expected to see patients in the office, to follow patients admitted to the hospital, and to attend high-risk deliveries.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Heather LeBrun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Chandrama Chakrabarti, M.D.
Campus: Terre Haute
Location: Terre Haute Regional Hospital (Terre Haute)
Other Faculty: N/A
- 1) Provide assistance to patients with common pediatric illnesses and accidents (PC1)
- 2) Explain guidelines of pediatric immunizations (MK6)
- 3) Discuss normal growth and development (MK1)
- 4) Gain experience in pediatric inpatient and outpatient settings (PC1)
- 5) Perform age-appropriate history and physical exam (PC1)
- 6) Provide age-appropriate anticipatory guidance (PC4)
- 7) Order age-appropriate immunizations (PC3)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Observation, Oral presentation, and Discussion with Faculty).
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status; Pediatric clerkship must be completed
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 35-40
Time Distribution: 100% Clinical
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH Must check with Clinical Coordinator, Heather LeBrun, for availability at email@example.com or 812-237-2401.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None