Elective Title: 84KI715 — CLINICAL PEDIATRICS
Student will have a range of experience from hospital rounds on sick children to hospital rounds in a busy nursery. He/she will be exposed to four instructors throughout the month.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Heather LeBrun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Jacqueline Holder, M.D.
Campus: Terre Haute
Location: UAP Clinic/Union Hospital (Terre Haute)
Other Faculty: Philip Reed, M.D., Elizabeth Pino, M.D.
- 1) Demonstrate to the attending pediatrician a clinically appropriate physical examination and history (PC1)
- 2) Discuss the underlying concepts and principles upon which a sound clinical pediatric practice (PC1)
- 3) Employ effective and efficient communication skills when interacting with patients, parents, staff (ISC1)
- 4) Accompany the attending pediatrician on hospital rounds (SBP1)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Observation, Case Presentation, Oral Presentation, and Discussion with faculty).
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 75% Clinical; 25% Library
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Heather LeBrun (email@example.com) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH. Must check with Clinical Coordinator, Heather LeBrun , for availability at (firstname.lastname@example.org), , 812-237-8763.
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None