Elective Title: 82GO820 — MINIMALLY INVASIVE GYNECOLOGIC SURGERY AND URGYNECOLOGY
This GYN surgery rotation will provide medical student with a broad range of exposure to various aspects of GYN surgical care. The student will work with private GYN practice office surgeons in every phase of care, including the operating room and office.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Leeann Parker (LeeRPark@iu.edu)
Director: Cindy Basinski, M.D.
Other Faculty: Dr. Rupal Juran
- 1) Obtain and report a basic GYN patient history. (PC1)
- 2) Demonstrate a full GYN exam using proper technique. (PC5)
- 3) Interpret and describe GYN imaging findings accurately, with an emphasis on surgical GYN care. (MK3)
- 4) Diagnose and develop a working differential diagnosis, and develop a treatment plan which is most appropriate for the patient. (PC2)
- 5) Demonstrate basic surgical skills such as suturing, knot tying, wound care and other procedures at the discretion of the course director. (PC5)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation (based on observation by course director).
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status; Must have completed OB/GYN Clerkship
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 100%Clinical
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH: Contact Leeann Parker, IUSM-Evansville Director of Clinical Eduction, for enrollment permission: 812-492-7505 or LeeRPark@iu.edu. Registration priority given to 4th-year students; consideration of 3rd-year students with career interest in women's health. Only available for IUSM students, not available for students from other schools.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None