Elective Title: 79DA760 — ADVANCED CLINICAL ANATOMY
This course is designed for senior medical students who are seeking teaching experiences in Human Gross Anatomy and Embryology. Students will teach in the lecture/discussion and laboratory parts of the course (LCME 501..
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Donna Fulkerson (765-496-7973 or email@example.com )
Director: James J. Walker, Ph.D.
Campus: West Lafayette
Location: IUSM - West Lafayette
Other Faculty: Samar Khirallah, M.D.
- 1) Construct and deliver a 60 minute lecture to first year medical students enrolled in LCME 501 (ISC5)
- 2) Demonstrate active participation in a laboratory teaching (P2)
- 3) Demonstrate active participation as an instructor in the gross anatomy course (P2)
- 4) Identify and employ various teaching styles and methods within the medical school environment (PBLI1)
- Professional Development Evaluation Form; Advanced Clinical Anatomy Instructor Evaluation; Sample Observation Classroom (OFAPD); 1. A formal evaluation will be completed by the medical students to assess the lecture/discussion and laboratory teaching experience. 2. A written and oral evaluation by the course director of all teaching experiences and written documents. 3. A written evaluation by one other medical educator of the lecture presentation and at least 3 laboratory sessions.
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 32
Time Distribution: 50% Lecture/seminar, 40% Laboratory, 5% Clinical, 5% Library/Research
Elective Type Category: PD - Professional Development
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Donna Fulkerson (765-496-7973 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH Contact Donna Fulkerson 765-496-7973 or email@example.com 8 weeks prior to enrollment.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None