Elective Title: 53UR731 — UROLOGY
Patient care (both inpatient and outpatient) in urologic diagnosis and management, operative experience and bedside rounds on inpatients, with follow-up and treatment outpatient contacts in a community urology practice. There will be daily exposure to urologic radiography. Student will assist in cystoscopy, open and laparoscopic surgical cases including robotics. The student will also participate in multi-disciplinary tumor board and pathology conferences. The elective is flexible and can be tailored to meet the individual student's objectives. There will be one-on-one interaction with faculty throughout the elective (no residents).
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Suzi Tolliver(email@example.com)
Director: Dean Lenz, M.D.
Location: IU Health Bloomington Hospital (Bloomington)
Other Faculty: Bryan Hoff, M.D.; Paula Bunde, M.D.; Greg Walker, M.D.; Amanda Pettibone-Pond, M.D., Eric Stevens, M.D.
- 1) Diagnose and manage common urologic conditions including follow-up postoperatively (PC3)
- 2) Describe the etiology of common urologic conditions (MK2)
- 3) Perform surgical procedures with direct supervision and learn fundamental surgical principles (PC5)
- 4) Employ perioperative care of the surgical patient with direct supervision (PC3)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form (Students will be observed by faculty in clinical activities, oral/written case presentations, and discussions of best medical evidence in the literature.)
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 50
Time Distribution: 100% Clinical
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Suzi Tolliver(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None