Elective Title: 53SG701 — GENERAL SURGERY
One-on-one surgeon and student interaction in the office, on the wards and in the operating room. The student will share in the daily conduct of a busy general surgery practice. Little to no scut. All learning and experience.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Patty Booker (email@example.com)
Director: Jerry Jesseph, M.D.
Location: IU Health Bloomington Hospital (Bloomington)
Other Faculty: Terry Greene, M.D.
- 1) Diagnose and develop a treatment plan for common surgical conditions (PC3)
- 2) Recognize indications for and interpret tests used in the management of the surgical patient (PC3)
- 3) Describe etiology of common surgical conditions (MK2)
- 4) Demonstrate the appropriate physical exam of the surgical patient (PC1)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form (Clinical Observation)
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 50-60
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical; 10% Library
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None