Elective Title: 53NR701 — INPATIENT CLINICAL NEUROLOGY
This elective provides the student with an opportunity to evaluate a wide diversity of diagnostic and therapeutic problems in the area of neurology. Emphasis will be placed on multi-disciplinary approach to management of neurological diseases. The rotation will include time in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Approximately one inpatient call per week with the neurohospitalist is available.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Suzi Tolliver(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Amartyadeb Goswami, M.D.
Location: IU Health Bloomington Hospital (Bloomington)
Other Faculty: Dr. David Harvey, M.D., Dr. Mehyar Mehrizi, M.D.
- 1) Diagnose and develop a treatment plan for common neurologic conditions (PC3)
- 2) Recognize indications for and interpret tests used in the evaluation of the neurology patient (PC3)
- 3) Demonstrate an appropriate physical exam of the neurology patient (PC1)
- 4) Describe the etiology of common neurologic conditions (MK2)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form (Clinical Observation)
Prerequisites: 4th year status; Neurology clerkship must be completed
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 50
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical; 10% Lecture/Seminar
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Suzi Tolliver(email@example.com) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH. THIS COURSE REQUIRES TWO MONTHS NOTICE FOR ALL ADD/DROPS.
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None