Elective Title: 49YF706 — FAMILY MEDICINE ADULT INPATIENT SERVICE
Family Medicine residents rotate on the Adult Inpatient Medicine Service (AIMS). The student will function as a sub-Intern on an AIMS team consisting of one Senior Family Medicine Resident and two Family Medicine Intern Residents. Faculty physicians may be Family Medicine, or INTERNAL MEDICINE physicians. The student does not take call, but will have some days until 9 p.m. The student will provide the primary care for 2-5 patients at a time. Didactic sessions will include daily Attending Teaching Rounds, daily Morning Report and Noon Conference, and weekly Medicine Grand Rounds.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Beth Dragoo (BVDRAGOO@ascension.org)
Director: Julie Holt, M.D.
Location: St. Vincent Hospital (Indianapolis)
Other Faculty: FM, IM and IM/FM staff/faculty physicians
- 1) Utilize bedside clinical information to develop an efficient, focused, and appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic management plan (PC3)
- 2) Present clinical information and concise management plans orally to colleagues and supervisors (ISC5)
- 3) Assist in the primary care management of adult patients with a wide variety of medical problems (PC1)
- 4) Demonstrate skills required to fulfill in-hospital, on-call responsibilities to include cross coverage of your colleague's patients, as well as the evaluation and management of newly admitted patients (SBP1)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Clinical Observation).
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status; Medicine clerkship must be completed
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 60
Time Distribution: 80% Clinical; 20% Lecture/Seminar
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: To check availability, contact Beth Dragoo (BVDRAGOO@ascension.org). We do accept interested students with a wait list availability option.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None