Elective Title: 49MA711 — ASTHMA, ALLERGY, IMMUNOLOGY
To obtain hands-on instructions (in the private practice setting) regarding the allergic and immunologic process, the various manifestations of this process, and treatment for these manifestations. The student will be expected to attend all office clinical sessions and function as a sub-intern in an office setting. No night call or weekend time is required.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Lindsey Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Pinkus Goldberg, M.D.
Location: Allergy Partners of Central Indiana and Private Practice (Indianapolis)
- 1) Observe allergy testing proceedures, spirometry, FENO (PC5)
- 2) Take an allergy immunology history, perform physicals related to above (PC1)
- 3) Come up with assessments and plans and explain verbally to the patient and staff the protocol to be followed to achieve the patient's goals (ISC1)
- 4) Obtain differential diagnoses related to this field (PC2)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Clinical Observation)
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 36
Time Distribution: 100% Clinical
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Lindsey Jones (email@example.com) This course may be dropped/added with 15 days of the beginning date for the elective. After the initial match, please contact Becky at (317. 924-8295 ext. 215 to schedule this elective.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None