Elective Title: 49AN712 — CLINICAL ANESTHESIA
Actual "hands on" experience in the private practice of Anesthesia. Special emphasis will be given to endotracheal intubation, ventilation and routine conduct of an anesthetic. Experience with arterial line and central line placement will be provided. Experience and exposure may be customized to particular student's desires. Extremely flexible rotation, allowing student to direct his/her own learning experience, and will be unstructured, dependent upon students initiative.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Steve Maves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Steve Maves, M.D.
Location: Community Hospital, Community Heart and Vascular Hospital (Indianapolis)
Other Faculty: Staff Anesthesiologists
- 1) Place arterial lines (PC5)
- 2) Place central lines (PC5)
- 3) Be proficient in mask ventilation and endotracheal tube placement (PC5)
- 4) Select the appropriate drugs to be used in simple surgical case and explain the use of each of these drugs (MK4)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form (Direct Observation)
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical; 10% Self Study
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
THIS COURSE MAY BE DROPPED OR ADDED WITHIN ONE DAY OF THE START OF THE ELECTIVE MONTH.
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None