Elective Title: 46MP721 — PULMONARY/CRITICAL CARE ELECTIVE
The objective for this elective is to provide a wide spectrum of pulmonary/critical care medicine problems in a community hospital environment. Students will experience critical care procedures, ventilator management, CXRs and CT chest scans, PFTs interpretation.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Amy Han, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Brian Dickover, M.D.
Location: IU Health La Porte Hospital (La Porte)
Other Faculty: Maurice Ndukwu, M.D.
- 1) Experience critical care procedures (PC5)
- 2) Discuss and explain CXRs and CT chest scans (PC3)
- 3) Interpret PFTS (PC3)
- 4) Participate in ventilator management (PC5)
- 5) Conduct basic Pulmonary outpatient initial evaluations (PC1)
- 6) Conduct basic Pulmonary outpatient follow up visits (PC1)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (These will include observation of interview and physical examination, case presentations by the student, oral presentation, and case discussion with us).
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40-60
Time Distribution: 60% Clinical; 20% Lecture/Seminar; 20% Library
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All Northwest and South Bend electives must go thru their respective coordinators. Northwest students, contact Amy Han, PhD (email@example.com or 219-980-6561. or Brittany Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-980-6525). South Bend students contact Stacey Jackson (email@example.com or 574-631-1870)
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None