Elective Title: 45DA711 — ADVANCED STUDY IN HUMAN GROSS ANATOMY
This course will expose third- and fourth-year students to teaching first-year students. The major components of this elective include the following: 1. Dissection: Dissections and prosections of human cadaveric material will be done under the direct supervision of Dr. Talarico. 2. Teaching: Teaching includes instruction to first-year med students and is divided into 4 components: Discussion/Lecture, Anatomy Lab, PBL Tutorial, and Radiology Workshop.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Amy Han, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Ernest Talarico, Ph.D.
Location: IUSM - Northwest-Gary
- 1) Discuss the details of gross human anatomical structure and human embryology, and radiography as applied to the study of human structure (MK1)
- 2) Complete skilled, high-quality dissections (MK1)
- 3) Effectively communicate their knowledge of human structure and clinical correlates to first-year medical students (ISC5)
- 4) Understand and discuss their role as "teacher" in the medical profession (P2)
- Professional Development Evaluation Form; Standard integrated grade sheet provided online by university at the end of rotation; (Observation,Evaluation of Dissection/Prosection, Discussion with faculty,Evaluation of Lecture Presentation)
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 25-35
Time Distribution: 70% Lab Instruction; 10% Presentations; 10% PBL Tutorial Instruction or small group; 10% Prosection
Elective Type Category: PD - Professional Development
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Amy Han, PhD (email@example.com) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All Northwest electives must go thru the Northwest campus coordinators. Contact Amy Han, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-980-6561) or Brittany Miller (email@example.com or 219-980-6525).
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None