Elective Title: 20MC701 — CARDIOLOGY
The student will be exposed to a wide variety of cardiac pathology in the community setting. The student will also get exposure to: 1. outpatient consultation and follow-up; 2. inpatient consultation; and 3. coronary and intensive care unit experience.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Stacey Jackson (email@example.com)
Director: Donald Westerhausen, M.D.
Campus: South Bend
Location: Elkhart General Hospital (Elkhart)
Other Faculty: Dr. T. Weirick, Dr. C. Mathis, Dr. V. Mehta, Dr. G. Kulkarni
- 1) Take a detailed cardiac history (PC1)
- 2) Perform an appropriate cardiovascular exam (PC3)
- 3) Create differential diagnoses for cardio- vascular symptoms (PC2)
- 4) Evaluate acute and chronic cardiac pathologies with such modalities as ECG, ECHO, stress testing, nuclear studies, cardiac catheterization, and PTCA (PC5)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Clinical Observation by course director)
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical, 10% Lecture/Seminar
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Stacey Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All South Bend electives must go thru the South Bend campus coordinator. Contact Stacey Jackson (email@example.com or 574-631-1870) Need a 3 month notification that student is interested in taking this elective.
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None