Elective Title: 20AN701 — ANESTHESIA/PAIN MANAGEMENT
The student will be exposed to a wide variety of pain management patients and anesthesia experiences. The student will be exposed to: 1. surgical anesthesia; 2. outpatient pain management patients; and 3. post-surgical pain management patients.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Stacey Jackson (email@example.com)
Director: Gene Grove, M.D.
Campus: South Bend
Location: Elkhart General Hospital (Elkhart)
- 1) Describe the patho-physiology of acute and chronic pain (MK3)
- 2) Manage acute pain (PC1)
- 3) Formulate a treatment plan for chronic pain (PC3)
- 4) Participate in the management of surgical anesthesia (PC1)
- 5) Do pre- and post-surgical assessments (PC3)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (The assessment methods include faculty observation of participation in patient cases and pre-post-surgical assessments. Students will be asked to give oral presentations on patho-physiology objectives and management and treatment plans for patients. The assessment will be conducted by the course director).
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical; 10% Lecture/Seminar
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Stacey Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All South Bend electives must go thru the South Bend campus coordinator. Contact Stacey Jackson (email@example.com or 574-631-1870)
Third Year Elective? Yes
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None