Elective Title: 02SN701 — CLINICAL NEUROSURGERY
The student will be an active participant in a busy neurosurgical practice. The student will be exposed to neurology, neuro-radiology, and neurosurgery and will participate in the decision making and care, including assisting in surgery on private patients. The student will be expected to develop a degree of proficiency in neurological examinations and learn other diagnostic techniques and the management of acute and chronic neurologic problems.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Sharon Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Jeffrey Kachmann, M.D.
Campus: Fort Wayne
Location: Fort Wayne Neurological Center (Fort Wayne)
Other Faculty: Dr. Phuong, M.D., Dr. Isa Canavati, M.D.
- 1) Describe etiology of common neurological conditions (MK2)
- 2) Recognize indications for and interpret tests used in the evaluation of patients requiring neurosurgery (PC3)
- 3) Describe surgical and non-surgical treatment options for patients with neurological conditions (MK5)
- 4) Improve cerebral and spinal localization skills (PC5)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (90 % Clinical Observation; 10 % Library)
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 40-45
Time Distribution: 90% Clinical; 10% Library
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
Add/Drop Contact Person: Sharon Roberts (email@example.com) THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All Fort Wayne electives must go thru the Fort Wayne campus coordinators. For Family Medicine electives contact the Fort Wayne Medical Education Program at 260-422-6573. All others contact Sharon Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org or 260-481-0224. or Gina Bailey (email@example.com or 260-481-6731.. Enrollment needs director's approval
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None