Elective Title: 02MC731 — CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY
Based on the particular interest of the student, this course will provide experience in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Emphasis will be given to physical diagnosis, EKG interpretation, and a wide range of invasive and non-invasive diagnostic techniques. Students will also be given the opportunity to participate first-hand in the evaluation and treatment of patients in several of the rural satellite clinics in surrounding areas. Student will be assigned one preceptor, but will have the opportunity to work in all areas of cardiology.
Primary Contact for Add/Drops: Sharon Roberts (email@example.com)
Director: Vijay Chilakamarri, M.D.
Campus: Fort Wayne
Location: Lutheran Medical Group (Fort Wayne)
Other Faculty: Matt Bilodeau, M.D. (co-director); Dr. Hanley, Dr. Jones, Dr. Kaminskas, Dr. Mattson, Dr. Reed, Dr. Meier, Dr. Alshaher, Dr. Nalamolu,
- 1) Evaluate patients with Cardiovascular disease in a inpatient and outpatient setting (PC1)
- 2) Interpret EKG tracings and other basic diagnostic studies that help in coming to a Physical diagnosis (PC3)
- 3) Evaluate patients with Peripheral vascular disease and formulate basic management plan (MK4)
- 4) Discuss the role of emerging therapies and technologies in cardiology (ISC5)
- Clinical Performance Evaluation Form; (Observation by preceptors and course director)
Prerequisites: 4th year status
Availability with Max Students per Month:
Duty Hours: 36
Time Distribution: 80% Clinical; 10% Lecture/Seminar; 10% Library
Elective Type Category: CP - Clinical Practice
Notes and Enrollment Information:
THIS ELECTIVE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE INITIAL SENIOR MATCH All Fort Wayne electives must go thru the Fort Wayne campus coordinators.
Third Year Elective? No
Interprofessional Skills and Service Learning
Interprofessional Collaborative Skills: None
Service Learning Included: None