As COVID-19 continues to be present in our local communities, across the country and around the world, there are both state and national data resources that track and evaluate COVID-19 transmission at a local level. Use these data sources to understand the spread of COVID-19 in your area.
CDC’s COVID-19 County Check
This tool on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s site allows individuals to search for community transmission levels in their home community. Search by state and county to view a map that indicates either a low, medium or high community level for your county. Levels are based on hospital beds being used, hospital admissions and the total number of new COVID-19 cases in an area. The site also provides recommended precautions to lower risk given the level of community spread.
State of Indiana COVID-19 data dashboards
The State of Indiana provides five dashboards to help individuals view and understand the current status of COVID-19 in Indiana.
- Home dashboard: this primary dashboard allows users to see the 7-day average of COVID-19 cases reported, deaths attributable to COVID-19 and the number of tests administered. This dashboard is updated by 5 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Vaccination dashboard: this page shares information on the number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered as well as data on breakthrough cases of the virus. This dashboard is updated by 5 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Youth dashboard: this dashboard collates case, reinfection, death, testing and vaccine data for Indiana residents ages 0 to 19. This dashboard is updated by 5 p.m. each Friday.
- Hospital dashboard: information on this page includes hospital census, ICU census and the number of patients on a ventilator. The data includes total numbers for these categories as well as those for patients with COVID-19. This dashboard is updated by 5 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- County at-a-glance dashboard: similar to the CDC’s County Check data, this dashboard allows you to filter by Indiana county to see vaccination data as well as 7-day averages for cases, tests administered and deaths. This dashboard is updated by 5 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.