Gerald L. Bepko Student Internship Program
Each year, University Information Technology Services (UITS) selects student interns to work on exciting, strategic information technology projects at IU's eight campuses. Students from populations traditionally underrepresented in the IT field are encouraged to apply.
Bepko internships provide an opportunity to involve students as we implement the many action items of the IU IT Strategic Plan and become 1IUIT. Students gain valuable experience and exposure to the reasons why IU has been named a 2011 best place to work in IT by Computerworld magazine.
Internships require an average of 10 hours participation each week, for 150 hours total, and offer hourly pay, collaboration with leading IT experts and possible academic credit (with appropriate approvals).
- Academic Planner Business Analyst Intern - IUB Draw on your analytical skills and student experience to support the development of online academic planning tools for the Kuali Student consortium.
- Advanced Visualization Intern - IUPUI Test technologies and develop original applications to improve the UITS Advanced Visualization Lab's hardware systems and software workflows.
- Canvas Transition Intern - IU Southeast Consult with faculty on Canvas questions and digitize pedagogical resources to create an online repository at the Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence.
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning Technology Writer Intern - IUB Help test digital tools for teaching and learning, produce media content for CITL's website, and transition instructors from Oncourse to Canvas.
- Cloud Technology Support Intern - IUB Research, test and contribute significant input in shaping the process for adopting cloud computing at IU.
- Enterprise Scheduling System Integration Intern - IU Northwest Play a key role to complete the campus migration to the Ad Astra scheduling system for classes, conferences, and special events.This internship has been filled
- HRMS Development Intern - IUB Expand your knowledge of Java/J2EE and PeopleSoft by helping with development efforts for Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) applications and services.This internship has been filled
- IT Communications Social Media Intern - IUB Help develop a social media strategy for rebranding an international NSF-funded publication based here at IU -- and possibly publish a few articles along the way.
- IT Community Partnership Sustainable Computing Outreach Intern - IUB Research and develop social media sites to build student outreach capacity and include on the green.it.edu website.
- IU Northwest Website Redesign - IU Northwest Gain experience working in a technology-rich and creative team environment in the development and migration of content into a new website.
- System Center Configuration Manager and Casper Procedure Intern - IU South Help develop an automated system and document information for SCCM and Casper management tools.
- Teaching and Learning Technology Consulting Intern - IUPU-Columbus Contribute a student perspective in the design of various video tools and provide individual consulting to faculty on these and other technology tools such as Canvas.
- Teaching and Learning Technology Consulting Intern - IU East Troubleshoot client problems regarding instructional technology on a variety of tools and issues.
- Web Graphic Design Documentation Intern - IU Kokomo Fulfill your passion for learning new technologies and attention to detail while developing a web site with instructions for training users how to create web pages and digital signs on the content management system.This internship has been filled
- WebTech Cloud Hosting Services Intern - IUB Apply best practices in the research, evaluation and selection of cloud hosting services
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter indicating the appropriate internship; a resume, including skills relevant to project requirements, to: