Gerald L. Bepko Student Internship Program
Each year, University Information Technology Services (UITS) selects student interns to work on exciting, strategic information technology projects at IU's eight campuses. Students from populations traditionally underrepresented in the IT field are encouraged to apply.
Bepko internships provide an opportunity to involve students as we implement the many action items of the IU IT Strategic Plan and become 1IUIT. Students gain valuable experience and exposure to the reasons why IU has been named a 2011 best place to work in IT by Computerworld magazine.
Internships require a minimum of 10 hours participation a week for which the intern will earn a stipend. With appropriate approvals, academic credit may be obtained.
- Academic Advising Data Visualization Intern - IUB This internship has been filled
- Accessible Multimedia Captioning Intern - IUB
This ATAC internship is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the issues unique to supporting captioning of multimedia in a higher education setting.
- Advanced Visualization Lab (AVL) Electronics Intern - IUB This internship has been filled
- Campus Bridging and Research Infrastructure Intern - IUB Four projects available to expose an intern to the sorts of assignments necessary to support research cyberinfrastructure and, in a more general sense, IT at a top-tier research university. These tasks will allow the intern not only to further the IU Strategic Plan, but to get real-world work experience on projects supporting current research projects including maintaining the account, central ticketing, and control systems. Each project has seperate requirements so the intern will begin on the project of interest and to which s/he is best suited.
- Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning Technologies Intern - IUB This internship has been filled.
- Center for Teaching and Learning Technology Consulting Intern - IUPUI This internship has been filled
- Developer Integration Education Intern _ IUB Create a developer education website to provide a one-stop-shop to help developers from across the IU community integrate with various enterprise systems related to identity and access management. Learn about how authentication and access is managed in an enterprise, devise a strategy for organizing that information, and publishing it to developers.
- High Performance Computing Database Support Intern - IUB This internship has been filled
- InCNTRE SDN Lab Intern - IUPUI This internship has been filled
- Interactive Online Campus Tour and Map Intern - IU Northwest This internship has been filled
- ITCP Web Design & Development Intern - IUB Assist with the communication and community building efforts of IT Community Partnerships
(ITCP). Primary focus of this opportunity is develop web sites for ITCP, Box at IU, the IU Web & Multimedia Community and the Student IT Ambassadors. The student intern will ensure the design is mobile friendly and utilizes social media as appropriate. The student intern will be exposed to modern web development techniques in the creation of these sites.
Research, write content, and learn the best practices of implementing these sites. The intern will work with the ITCP staff regarding the content and direction of each site.
- IT Communications Satisfaction Intern - IUB Help evaluate and provide suggestions for improved IT services and communications for IU students including websites, social media platforms, print communications, and messaging. Assist with IT events and arranging student focus groups on IT communications.
- IT Talent Acquisition Intern - IUB This internship has been filled.
- IU Mobile Intern - IU Kokomo This internship has been filled.
- Security Visualization Intern - IUB Learn about and develop visualizations of security-related data and events. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop visualizations to enhance the university's situational awareness; display trending threats; and identify anomalies and correlations.
- Vended Application Administration Intern - IUB Assist in the analysis, planning and execution of a migration strategy for 40+ departmental customers from version 11 of the OnBase Enterprise Content Management System to the latest version, OnBase 13. Will identify functionality; plan migration of data, workflows, etc; and identify new functionalities that could improve current processes.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter indicating the appropriate internship; a resume which includes skills relevant to project requirements and a letter of recommendation from a professor supporting your application to: