Gerald L. Bepko Student Internship Program
Each year, University Information Technology Services (UITS) selects student interns to work on exciting, strategic information technology projects at IU's eight campuses. Students from populations traditionally underrepresented in the IT field are encouraged to apply.
Bepko internships provide an opportunity to involve students as we implement the many action items of the IU IT Strategic Plan and become 1IUIT. Students gain valuable experience and exposure to the reasons why IU has been named a 2011 best place to work in IT by Computerworld magazine.
Internships require a minimum of 10 hours participation a week for which the intern will earn a stipend. With appropriate approvals, academic credit may be obtained.
- Academic Planner Business Analyst Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Draw on your analytical skills and student experience to support the creation of an online academic planning tool for the Kuali Student consortium.
- Advanced Digital Arts Electronics Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Use technology such as Arduino boards and Atmel processors to develop hardware and software for an ongoing radio-networked audio sculpture project.
- Applied Technology Laboratory Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Gain experience with IT strategic planning and project prototyping, while working closely with UITS senior technical advisors and enterprise architects.
- Assistive Technology Research Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Learn about the issues unique to supporting access to information technology for individuals with disabilities in a higher education setting and help determine best practices for supporting students with disabilities.
- Center for Innovative and Learning Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Help test digital tools for teaching and learning, produce media content for CITL.s website, and transition instructors from Oncourse to Canvas.
- Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment Intern - Kokomo (Internship filled) Provide frontline consulting and website support for faculty and full-time instructional technology consultants.
- HRMS Development Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Expand your knowledge of Java/J2EE and PeopleSoft by helping with development efforts for Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS) applications and services.
- Interactive Directory Kiosk Intern - Kokomo (Internship is filled) Coordinate, design, and develop a new web directory kiosk touch screen for IU Kokomo's campus welcome center.
- IT Community Partnership Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Boost IT Community Partnership's communications and community-building efforts by developing websites for multiple university audiences. This internship would be appropriate for students with an interest in social networking tools, web development, communication, and technology.
- IT Communications Events Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Are you passionate about planning events? Work directly with the IT Communications Office.s event planning professionals, and learn how to plan, strategize, and execute events attended by as many as 1,000 people.
- IU Women in IT Intern - IUB (Internship is filled) Put your outreach and social networking skills to work by helping IUWIT connect with students and staff, and advance women in technology across all IU campuses.
- Kuali User Experience Initiative Intern - IUB (Internship is filled) Play an integral role in creating the Kuali Design Guide, one-stop shop for accessing best practices for visual design, use case scenarios, rationale, and code snippets.
- Online Training Knowledge Management Intern - IUB (Internship filled) Ensure high-quality online learning experiences for the IU community by helping create and manage the Knowledge Management team's process documentation for online training.
- Science Gateways/Apache Airavata Intern - IUB (Internships filled) Help improve the reference web user interface to the Apache Airavata project.s API, and earn opportunities to become an official Apache code committer and demonstrate skills on public coding forums and in GitHub.
- WebTech Services Intern - IUPUI (Internship is filled)Use ASP.NET and MS SQL to assist with the development of a Jeopardy game site for instructors.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter indicating the appropriate internship; a resume, including skills relevant to project requirements, to: