Position Available:Support Center Consultant - Accounts & Critical Enterprise Systems (ACES) Team
The UITS Support Center ACES (Accounts & Critical Enterprise Systems) team is hiring part-time hourly Consultants. ACES Consultants are required to work a minimum of 20 hrs/week and we require a commitment to work at least a full calendar year. We are currently looking to fill hours in the mornings and afternoons throughout the week as well as occasional evening and weekend shifts.
The starting wage is $10.25 with a raise to $10.75 after passing the 90 day probationary period.
Working under general supervision, ACES Consultants provide technical assistance and support for faculty, staff, and students from every IU campus. ACES Consultants also provide elevated support of central systems to Support Center Frontline staff. ACES Consultants are designated experts in supporting administrative and instructive use of Oncourse so non-students are preferred for this position. Consultants are expected to consistently provide the best possible service and to recognize and respect all levels of our customers. technical aptitude. Duties are performed from the Bloomington campus and include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical and troubleshooting support, via telephone and email, for UITS centralized services (such as Oncourse, OneStart, Listserv, Account Management System, networks, etc.).
- Providing immediate expert support for instructors and students using Oncourse, IU's online collaboration and learning environment.
- Maintain expertise regarding UITS centralized services as they change and are upgraded over time.
- Updating technical articles and system help documentation in the IU Knowledge Base.
- Assisting with administrative tasks relating to IT accounts.
- Following UITS Change Management proceedings and reporting relevant information to the Support Center.
- Communicating with Operations and Networking teams, application owners, system administrators, and other members of the support community, in order to track, identify, and report outages.
- Posting and updating IT Notices
Applicants are required to have prior customer service experience, proven technical abilities, excellent communication skills, and the ability to speak English clearly and well.
Applicants should apply at https://jobs.iu.edu/ and must include this information:
- Cover letter
- Total number of hours preferred
Applications without the above information will not be considered.