Position Available: Production Assistant for Instructional Media Services - Information Technology
Job Summary: Instructional Media Services (IMS) provides for the multimedia needs for the entire Northwest Campus. Examples of responsibilities are: Program production, event recording, video conferencing, audio-visual equipment setup, and media duplication & conversion are just some of the activities performed on a daily basis by members of the IMS team.
Summary and Purpose: A Production Assistant (PA) will be responsible for audio-visual presentations, audio and video production, photography and graphic work, and media duplication/conversion. Working 15 - 20 hours per week.
Key Duties and Responsibilites:
- Perform video, audio and photographic production services, including editing, graphic generation, duplication and distribution.
- Set up, operate, test and troubleshoot distance education rooms and equipment including two-way audio and video.
- Assist with the video production process for distance education.
- Provide assistance to campus with audio-visual equipment.
- Troubleshoot audio-visual problems.
- Coordinate special campus classes and events for videotape and/or audio recordings.
- Provide training to faculty, staff and students on use of audio-visual equipment.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein described.
- Directly supports the Manager of Audio Visual Services and the Media Production Specialist.
Qualifications: Minimum of a high school diploma is required. An IU Northwest student is preferred. A formal education in a communications or broadcasting field or demonstrated experience in multimedia technology is preferred. Ability to setup, operate, interconnect and maintain AV, video, audio and photographic equipment including video and still cameras, microphones, video monitors and projectors, laptop computers, and other AV equipment. Familiarity with both Windows and Macintosh computers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with outstanding organizational skills are required. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office required. Experience or knowledge in photography, media duplication, and some video production required.
Qualified applicants can apply by uploading their resume and cover letter to the IU Northwest OLA (OnLine Application) system at https://jobs.iu.edu by November 25, 2013 to be considered for this position.
One of eight campuses of Indiana University, IU Northwest, is located in metropolitan Northwest Indiana, approximately 30 miles southeast of Chicago and 10 miles from the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. The campus has a diverse student population approaching 6,000 students and offers Associate, Baccalaureate and Master degrees in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in arts and sciences, business and economics, education, nursing and health professions; public and environmental affairs, and social work.
IU Northwest is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer with a commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff by expanding employment opportunities for minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Qualified candidates with an interest in developing and implementing curricula that addresses multi-cultural issues and/or with demonstrated success in working with diverse populations of students are strongly encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: Your referral status may be subject to change based on whether or not you meet basic qualifications or other required criteria.
Applicants should apply at https://jobs.iu.edu/. Please refer to listing #9798