The following position reporting to Denise Craig, Manager, Enterprise System Adminisration, is being
posted externally. If interested, you must apply online at https://jobs.iu.edu/
Refer to job number #9910.
Principal Systems Analyst - PA4IT
***IUPUI University Information Technology Services is also recruiting for job listing #9911 - Lead Systems Analyst (PA3IT). Please apply under the respective job listing if interested and the minimum qualifications are possessed.***
Enterprise Systems Administration plans and supports over 900 complex enterprise systems 24 hours a day, 7 days per week which are essential for the delivery of university wide critical applications, services, and institutional data.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works independently at the highest level on all phases of system administration to provide the highest specialized expertise in the evaluation and design of major new customer applications, services and technological solutions, which include not only system and software integration techniques, but also systems design, implementation and testing in support of computer applications serving the entire university.
- Serves as a lead technical resource in all areas of implementation and support including: hardware configuration and installation, OS installation and support, backup infrastructure, data protection, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, storage allocation, workload management, and problem determination and resolution.
- Coordinates projects and actively participates (as requested leads) in planning sessions and participates in ad-hoc committees.
- Assists in the training of support staff and serves as client consultant and a resource for university staff for information technology and technical expertise.
- Interfaces with hardware and software vendors to coordinate projects, resolve availability issues, and explore new technologies.
- Due to the underlying services delivered to the university community 24 hours per day, in addition to the normal Monday - Friday office hours, this position is required, as needed, to work before/after the normal daily office hours, to work during the evenings and early mornings, to work on weekends and to occasional work on the holidays.
- Requires such activities as: being "on call" to resolve issues impacting the delivery of production services or high priority UITS projects; performing needed hardware or software maintenance, installation, and upgrade activities; and supporting the implementation of new releases of services and applications.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Systems, or related discipline from an accredited institution, plus 5 five years of systems analysis and programming in the delivery of complex mission critical computing services is required. Must have a foundation of project management skills and cross-unit coordination ability.
Combinations of related education and experience may be substituted in a 2:1 ratio.
Industry standard certifications are a plus (i.e. MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: Server Admin, MCITP: Enterprise Admin).
Must have in-depth experience and knowledge in performing system administration in an enterprise server environment (not workstations) delivering enterprise wide applications. Knowledge and practical experience with project management tools and application development methodologies is required as is experience developing an information systems strategy which includes implementing, training, and maximizing effective technologies. In depth knowledge of computer systems (ESX), storage systems (Hitachi SAN, NAS), backup systems (TSM), network systems, advanced virtualization (VMWare & Hyper-V), network protocol and software interfaces.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are needed for understanding, resolution of issues, and formation of solutions. Ability to operate effectively in a complex and dynamic environment; capable of functioning as project leader and able to lead ad-hoc committees; ability to manage and guide a complex range of functions and relationships; Practical experience with project management tools and application development methodologies. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
In depth understanding and experience with at least three of the following: server OS (Linux Redhat version 5 & 6, Microsoft Server 2008R2, Microsoft Server 2012), Microsoft Sharepoint 2012 & 2013, Microsoft SQL 2008 & 2012, Microsoft IIS, Scripting languages (Perl, Java, PowerShell), TCP-IP protocols, Apache, Tomcat, J2EE, transaction processors (Tuxedo, Weblogic) , Oracle DBMS, LDAP, ACL, TSM, Load Balancing (Zeus, Stingray, Microsoft), SSH, Knowledge Lake, and Nintex.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment institution.