Position Available: Instructional Designer & Video Editor
Project overview: The OIDD Hourly Instructional Designer will collaborate with instructional design, development, and editing teams in review, evaluation, design, and development of Indiana University online and hybrid courses. This person will also participate in instructional video editing and instructional technology evaluation and testing.
- Evaluates and reports on current and proposed hybrid, online, and technology-supported courses and course plans, including content delivery strategies, learning activities, and assessments, and usability.
- Brainstorms and delivers small scale instructional solutions as part of a collaborative project and team.
- Drafts or edits design documents and project plans in support of new projects.
- Assists with video acquisition of instructional content.
- Assists in editing instructional videos.
- Supports and communicates IU Online vision in conversations with internal and external partners.
Successful candidate will have at least one year of study in IST or similar program, with strong faculty references and work samples (course work samples are fine, including narrative descriptions of original solutions). He or she will have the skills to evaluate and report on course design for proposed and current online, hybrid, and technology-supported courses and propose solutions for enhancing online learning. Position may include creative collaboration with SMEs, faculty, and IDs on course design, workflow definitions, and project tools. Experience working in a team-based environment a plus.
Home Campus: Bloomington or Indianapolis
Applicants should apply at https://jobs.iu.edu/ and should submit a resume and a cover letter proposing how your skills, interests, and needs match the work of OIDD. Please refer to listing 11101.