The following position reporting to Denise Craig, Manager, Enterprise System Adminisration, is being
posted externally. If interested, you must apply online at https://jobs.iu.edu/
Refer to job number #9911.
Lead Systems Analyst - PA3IT
***IUPUI University Information Technology Services is also recruiting for job listing #9910 . Principal Systems Analyst (PA4IT). Please apply under the respective job listing if interested and the minimum qualifications are possessed.***
Enterprise Systems Administration plans and supports over 900 complex enterprise systems 24 hours a day, 7 days per week which are essential for the delivery of university wide critical applications, services, and institutional data.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Works under minimal supervision on all phases of system administration to provide a high level of specialized expertise in the evaluation and design of major new customer applications, services and technological solutions, which include not only system and software integration techniques, but also systems design, implementation and testing in support of computer applications serving the entire university.
- Serves as a senior technical resource in all areas of implementation and support including: hardware configuration and installation, OS installation and support, backup infrastructure, data protection, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, storage allocation, workload management, and problem determination and resolution.
- Coordinates projects and participates in planning sessions and in ad-hoc committees.
- Assists in the training of support staff and serves as client consultant and a resource for university staff for information technology and technical expertise.
- Interfaces with hardware and software vendors to coordinate projects, resolve availability issues, and explore new technologies.
- Due to the underlying services delivered to the university community 24 hours per day, in addition to the normal Monday - Friday office hours, this position is required, as needed, to work before/after the normal daily office hours, to work during the evenings and early mornings, to work on weekends and to occasional work on the holidays.
- Requires such activities as: being "on call" to resolve issues impacting the delivery of production services or high priority UITS projects; performing needed hardware or software maintenance, installation, and upgrade activities; and supporting the implementation of new releases of services and applications. Hours worked in this category for sustained periods of time due to extraordinary or seasonal workloads would be eligible for additional time off (comp time at a day-for-day basis) at the department's discretion.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Systems, or related discipline from an accredited institution, plus 4 years of systems analysis and programming in the delivery of complex mission critical computing services is required.
Combinations of related education and experience will be considered on a 2:1 ratio. Industry standard certifications are a plus.
In depth knowledge in performing system administration in an enterprise server environment (not workstations) delivering enterprise wide applications. Capable of developing an information systems strategy which includes implementing, training, and maximizing effective technologies. Have knowledge of computer systems (ESX), storage systems (Hitachi SAN, NAS), backup systems (TSM), network systems, advanced virtualization (VMWare), network protocol and software interfaces. A strong understanding and experience with the Windows server OS (version 2008R2 & 2012), Scripting languages (PowerShell), TCP-IP protocols, IIS, SQL, backups, Load Balancing and SSH. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are needed for understanding, resolution of issues, and formation of solutions. Must be able to operate effectively in a complex and dynamic environment; capable of functioning on multi-disciplinary projects and participate as requested in ad-hoc committees; capable of working with staff, faculty and university departments exhibiting excellent oral, written and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
PREFFERED: SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 experience is desired. Knowledge and practical experience with project management tools and application development methodologies is desired.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment institution.