University Human Resources
Part IV: General Rules
Lead Paints & Materials
OSHA citation 1910.1025
- Lead or suspected lead-base paints should be reported to EH&S for an evaluation by calling 5-6311. (See Painting in this manual.)
- Workers should be aware that lead can enter the body by breathing and eating in a lead contaminated setting.
- If workers are uncertain whether lead is present, they can request EH&S staff to conduct an air-sampling or test any materials for the presence of lead.
- If workers suspect or know that lead is present, they should request personal protection devices such as respirators and protective work clothing.
- Workers who are frequently exposed to lead paints or lead materials can request the IU Health Center to monitor lead levels in the blood and health conditions related to lead handling.