IU HR Community Meeting
November 16, 2017
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET
University Tower Ballroom, Indianapolis
Our November meeting will focus on project updates on HR2020 initiatives and priorities. We are eager to share the progress that has been made on these projects and how they are contributing to the success of Indiana University.
We are also excited to welcome Jeff Nally as our speaker for the meeting. Jeff Nally is an executive coach, speaker, and author who brings together neuroscience research, coaching methodologies, and well-being strategies to help leaders achieve what they really want at work and in life. He has 23 years of professional experience in HR, executive coaching, and leadership development. Jeff has been an executive leader in corporate and not-for-profit organizations.
Jeff’s talk will center on rallying HR’s courage to get results by asking coaching questions that create insights, solve challenges, and lead change. HR’s strategic contribution goes beyond having all the technical and functional answers to HR issues. We earn our seat at the strategy table by asking brain-based questions that generate solutions. Use no-nonsense neuroscience to accelerate your success towards HR2020.
|8:30 a.m.||Meeting Room opens|
John Whelan, AVP, Human Resources
|9:45 a.m.||Compensation Redesign at IU
Betsy Larson, Director of Compensation, Human Resources
|10:55 a.m.||Talent Acquisition Rapid Redesign at IU
Tom McMahon, Director of Talent Acquisition, Human Resources
|12:00 p.m.||LUNCH and Networking|
|12:45 p.m.||Let's Move!
|1:00 p.m.||HR2020 Updates (HR Operations, AskHR Rollout, Engagement Survey)
|2:15 p.m.||Rally HR’s Courage to Coach: Getting Results with HR2020
Jeff Nally, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
|3:25 p.m.||Wrap-up and Adjourn
John Whelan, AVP, Human Resources
University Tower and Hine Hall
850 W. Michigan St.
Indianapolis, IN 46202
We are excited to offer SHRM professional development credits for this meeting! For those that are interested, the HR Community Meeting has been approved for 5 PDCs towards SHRM certifications. Currently only SHRM PDCs are available.
- Travel arrangements are up to the individual attending. If needed, check with your supervisor to obtain approval for time and expenses related to travel.
- Carpooling is the recommended option. Check with others in your department or on your campus who are attending the meeting and put together a carpool with someone who is already a registered driver through the University.
- If you are coming from another campus and prefer to rent vehicle, check rental options through Enterprise Campus Rental or Motor Pool.
- Another alternative is Campus Commute. You can reserve a space on a scheduled commuter bus between Bloomington and the IUPUI campus. There are only a few time options available.
There are two parking options if you are coming from another campus.
- Option 1: Paid parking is available in a garage. The two closest to the meeting location are:
- Hine Hall Tower Garage is underneath University Tower and Hine Hall with elevator access to the meeting location. There is a daily fee to park in this garage.
- North Street Parking Garage is next door to University Tower and Hine Hall with a short walk to the meeting location. There is a daily fee to park in this garage.
- Download a PDF of the campus parking map.
- Option 2: Surface lot parking is available at no cost for those with IU permits.
- Most permits from other campuses can park in surface lots designated EM.
- The closest EM lot is next to (east of) the North Street Parking Garage.
- Learn where parking lots are located and what permits are allowed.
For those attending the workshop, lunch will be provided at no cost. Healthy IU is helping to organize a seasonal, fresh, and healthy meal for our meeting.