CAMPUS HEALTH & BENEFITS FAIR
Date: November 7, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Location: Indiana Memorial Union
The IU Health Center and IU Human Resources invites students, faculty, and staff to learn about health and wellness opportunities and 2019 benefits available at Indiana University.
Things To Do
- Have a free snack while you visit
- De-stress with a free five-minute chair massage
- Play with dogs from VI Paws
- Get your annual flu shot
- Make your own fruit and herb-infused water bottle
- Enjoy some popcorn with special toppings
- Join Rec Sports staff for exercise demos
- Create an aromatherapy takeaway beaded bracelet & satchel
- Throughout the day, watch one of four RPS chefs prepare delicious healthy dishes!
- Color your stress away
- Complete a hearing exam
- Get tested for HIV and other STIs
- Visit with exhibitors to learn about services and sample giveaways
Health and wellness exhibits focus on four components to a healthy lifestyle: nutrition, stress management, physical activity, and sexual health. Discover more than 60 campus and community resources promoting health and wellness.
Don't Miss These Vendors
IU Health Center
Get your annual flu shot (more info about the flu shots). Also, enjoy a free five-minute chair massage and learn about nutritional counseling; tobacco cessation; peer health educators; sexual health and testing for sexually transmitted infections; and other wellness resources available to employees.
IU Recreational Sports & Step into Fitness Program
Test your skills in fun ways, then learn about: the more than 80 group exercise classes offered each week; court time for a game of pickup basketball; free tennis equipment; lap swimming; or working out using the latest strength training and cardio equipment.
IU Bloomington Professional Council (IUBPC)
IUBPC represents the professional staff at IU by providing leadership to enhance the quality of life of the professional employee. Meet a representative and learn about upcoming events and how to participate.
Middle Way House
Learn of resources and ways to end domestic violence and sexual assault in the lives of women and children by implementing or sponsoring award-winning programs and services aimed at achieving individual and social change.
IU Health & Wellness Massage
Five minute massages provided in the Solarium attached to Alumni Hall.
IU Speech & Hearing Clinic
Get a free hearing test and information about aids for hearing loss, hearing and speech education, and speech therapy for adults and children.
Hilltop Garden & Nature Center
Hilltop provides volunteer opportunities and gardening classes. Visitors may tour demonstration gardens, enjoy nature, or find a good idea for their own gardens.
Full List of Vendors
- Active Living Coalition and the Monroe County Health Dept.
- American Heart Association
- Be The Match (organ donation)
- Bloomington Parks and Recreation
- Canteen Food Snacks
- Centerstone: Substance Abuse and HIV Prevention
- Compassion and Choices of Indiana
- Culture of Care
- Gender Affairs
- Gentle Dentist
- Hilltop Garden & Nature Center with Campus Gardens and Campus Farm
- Indiana Donor Network
- Inside IU
- IU Bloomington Professional Council
- IU Counseling and Psychological Services
- IU Crimson Corp
- IU Center for Disability and Community
- IU Crimson Card
- IU Dietetics Club
- IUHC SACS (Sexual Assault Crisis Services)
- IUHC Women’s Clinic
- IUHC Concussion Prevention
- IUHC Physical Therapy
- IU Health & Wellness
- IU Health/Positive Link
- IU MoneySmarts
- IU Outdoor Adventures
- IU Prevention Resource Center
- IU Recreational Sports
- IU School of Nursing
- IU Speech and Hearing
- IU Sustainability: Real Food Challenge
- The Kinsey Institute
- Middleway House
- Monroe County Humane Association
- Office of Alternative Screening and Intervention
- Office for Sexual Violence Prevention and Victim Advocacy
- Olcott Center for Cancer Education
- Osman Chiropractic
- Planned Parenthood
- Residential Programs and Services Cooking Demonstrations & Nutrition
- U Bring Change to Mind Toolbox
Learn more about IU employee benefit plans with representatives from each of the benefit vendors listed below.
- Anthem Blue View Vision
- CVS Caremark
- Healthy IU
- IU 529 Plan/Moneysmarts
- IU Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- IU Health Plans
- IU Retirement Plans
- Optum (Quit For Life Program)
- Social Security Administration
- The Standard
Also, representatives from IU Human Resources will be on hand to answer questions about health care and retirement benefits, as well as assist with Open Enrollment.