University Human Resources
IU Employee Assistance Program (IUEAP)
The IU Employee Assistance Program is a voluntary program that provides professional, confidential counseling to help individuals bring their life into better balance, when day-to-day activities are interrupted by stress. Common reasons to use IUEAP services include:
Full-time Academic and Staff employees, Medical Residents, and Graduate Appointees of Indiana University and their household members are eligible for:
- A telephone help line (365/24/7) to discuss problems and schedule an appointment, often within 48 hours, to see a counselor.
- In an emergency, a counselor can be available within minutes. If necessary, a face-to-face appointment will be arranged to stabilize the situation.
- Participants are eligible for a maximum of six, face-to-face visits per year.
Obtaining services starts with a phone call888-234-8327
- 24-hour helpline
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Multiple locations state-wide
- Emergency appointments
- Obtaining IUEAP services starts with a phone call: 888-234-8327 or 317-962-2622.
- A qualified and caring EAP professional will make an initial assessment and help to determine how IUEAP may help.
- A referral may be made to either an EAP network-licensed clinician for face-to-face problem-solving visits or to a local agency or resource.
- If a problem requires long-term care or clinical services beyond the scope of IUEAP, a counselor will help identify appropriate resources, including referral to a mental health or substance abuse professional.
Full-time Academic and Staff employees, Medical Residents and Graduate Appointees of Indiana University and their household members are eligible to use the services of the IUEAP.
IUEAP benefits are provided by IU Health (Methodist Assistance Program). All fees are paid by the University. There is no cost to employees for IUEAP services.
All contacts with the IUEAP are guaranteed absolute confidentiality. Names of individuals using the IUEAP services are not available to Indiana University.