IU Announces Fidelity K Shares for IU-sponsored Retirement Plans
Effective March 7, 2012, the share class of 37 Fidelity investment options offered through IU-sponsored retirement plans will transition to Fidelity's K Share class. The K share class offers the same investment strategy and risk, but the overall expenses are lower. Listed below are some highlights of the Fidelity investment funds that will transition to K shares.
Note: The expense ratio is the annual operating expense for managing an investment fund. Lowering the expense ratio lowers the expenses for an investor.
|Fidelity Blue Chip Growth||.94%||.75%|
|Fidelity Freedom Fund 2030||.75%||.61%|
|Fidelity Mid-Cap Stock Fund||.61%||.42%|
|Fidelity Puritan Fund||.60%||.47%|
|Fidelity Dividend Growth Fund||.93%||.77%|
See the full list of funds at hr.iu.edu/benefits/Fidelity_K_shares.pdf.
At least annually, it is recommended that retirement plan participants do the following:
- Review beneficiary designations at PERF, Fidelity or TIAA-CREF by logging into the account or by calling the retirement services company.
- Ensure home address is current in One Start.
- Schedule an appointment with a TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity counselor for an investment review.
University Human Resources' web-based video for IU's employee benefits program is being updated for 2012 with availability in February. Of particular interest to medical plan participants are the following:
- A complete section will be about the HDHP PPO & Health Savings Account, including how use the HSA account
- For all medical plans, prescription drug benefits under Medco, the new Prescription Benefit Manager
The video provides a high level of service and detailed information about these benefit plans and programs:
- Medical and dental plans
- TSB, EAP, tobacco cessation
- Paid time off
- IU Tuition Benefit
- Life insurance, LTD, voluntary benefits
- Retirement, TDA, and savings plans
- Pre-tax commuting
- Post-employment benefits