Medical Care Coverage
Participant plan options are:
- Anthem PPO High Deductible Health Plan (Anthem PPO HDHP)
- Blue Retiree Plan
- COBRA temporary continuation of active coverage
Summary of actions the participant must take
For Medical Plans
- Review plan options and rates (links below) to select an IU-sponsored Retiree medical care plan option.
- Complete an enrollment form if you are enrolling in an IU PPO plan or the Blue Retiree plan.
- Pay premium payments on time.
- Enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B if the participant is age 65 or over.
- Make any desired plan changes during Open Enrollment.
For COBRA (more information)
- Complete a COBRA application form within 60 days of the date that coverage would have otherwise ended. The form will be mailed to your home address.
- Pay initial COBRA premiums to-date within 45 days of electing COBRA.
- Pay monthly COBRA premiums on time.
- In order to continue under an IU-sponsored medical plan after COBRA eligibility ends, complete a medical plan enrollment form.
- If eligible for Medicare at the time COBRA is elected, check with the Social Security office to fully understand how Medicare Part B enrollment coordinates with the COBRA election.
For All Options
- Provide notice to the plan administrator within 30 days of a "Family Status Change," such as, divorce, legal separation, change in disability status, or death of a covered individual.
coverage, notify the plan administrator of changes that will
effect communications or eligibility, including:
- Address changes
- Entitlement under Medicare
- Coverage under another group medical plan
Health Expense Reimbursement - may continue under COBRA on an after-tax basis.