Maintain Pay Rate eDoc
Maintain Pay eDoc Process
- In One.IU navigate to the eDocs tab in the HRMS Portal, click Maintain Pay Rate.
- How to access eDocs
Maintain Pay Rate Document Lookup
- Enter the University ID, click , and records that meet the search criteria will appear.
NOTE: it's best to try to obtain the University ID, but if you don't have it, utilize the other available serach options.
- Click on the Maintain Pay Rate Document link in the Actions column and the Effective Date section will appear.
- Enter the Effective Date of the Maintain Pay Rate action. The Effective Date is the date on which the pay rate change takes effect.
- After entering the Effective Date select . The Action Reason selection screen will appear with appropriate action reasons for the pay rate change.
- Select the appropriate Action Reason. In this example, we choose Adjustment. The Job Data Section will appear.
Note: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for the employee’s record as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain field(s) editable. In this case, the only editable field is: Compensation Rate.
- Enter the adjusted Compensation Rate (Clicking on the Calc Annual Rate will show the new Annual Rate). Note data on the right side that has been updated is now highlighted in yellow. This not only helps you confirm any changes before submitting for routing, but also helps approvers note changes when they review for approval.
Now click .
Note: If you realize you need to make a change after moving to the next section of the eDoc, you can use the button to return to that section.
Review the Earnings Section and update any funding information that needs to be changed.
Notes and Attachments
You can open Notes and Attachments by clicking on in that section. Enter your note in the Note Text field and click . Helpful hint: when working in your eDoc, it is best to expand it fully, otherwise the add button on the Notes Attachment section may not appear on your screen, and if you forget to click on add, you will lose any Notes and/or Attachment(s).
See how a note appears below. Once it has been added, it will show your name as the author and list a Date/Time Stamp.
During document preparation you may want to save or close the eDoc to finish it later, or for whatever reason, you may have a need to cancel it. Otherwise, once you have reviewed your document and you are ready to submit it, you will be presented with the possible actions listed below.
Take this action when you have completed and reviewed your eDoc and you are ready to submit for routing.
This action saves the eDoc back to your Action List if you need to complete and route it at a later time.
This action closes the eDoc for you once you save, cancel or submit it for routing.
This action cancels the eDoc for you. Please use the cancel button rather than the “X” in the upper right corner of your browser screen. Closing an eDoc using the “X” in your browser, may cause any further actions on the employee’s record to be blocked without technical assistance.
Now that you have reviewed and are ready to route your eDoc, click and the eDoc should say, “Document was successfully submitted.”. Now select the at the bottom of the document. Note that the status has changed to "ENROUTE".