Welcome to the PLAnet!
Whether you want to browse and borrow resources, develop a curricular module, want professional development opportunities, or network with other teachers, researchers, and innovators, this Participatory Learning and Assessment Network has it all.
To learn more about what we do, watch the video and then scroll down to read more.
Each module features
- a combination of existing Open Educational Resources (OERs) and customized activities aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- embedded informal, semi-formal, and formal reflections on practice
- formal classroom assessment and achievement tests aligned to the Common Core State Standards
In The Incubator, practitioners can
- comment on existing modules
- modify existing modules to fit their classroom needs and student population
- propose concepts, topics, or standards to address
- work on developing a module with other practitioners and researchers
- receive feedback on the development of a module
Professional Development for ELA and Algebra
Practitioners can use the Professional Development tools to learn about
- the module development process
- the principles of participatory assessment that support module development
- the specific features that foster participation in their classroom
- how other teachers have taken up the modules and adapted them