GA 1010, (812) 856-3501
- J.D. Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, 2001
- M.Phil. (international relations) Cambridge University, 1996
- B.A.(Government) Harvard College, magna cum laude, 1995
Region Of Interest
- International Organizations
- International Law
- Global Governance
I focus on the political dynamics of international organizations and international law and am currently researching a book on ocean governance. I am also continuing to research aspects of the United Nations system, with a focus on the Security Council's performance, and the International Criminal Court.
- 2014. Rough Justice: The International Criminal Court in a World of Power Politics (Oxford University Press).
- 2009. Five to Rule Them All: The UN Security Council and the Making of the Modern World (Oxford University Press)
- 2016. "Palestine in The Hague: Justice, Geopolitics, and the International Criminal Court." Global Governance.
- 2016. “Letters from the Frontlines: State Communications to the UN Security Council During Conflict.” Columbia Journal of Transnational Law.
- 2014. “Assessing the Effectiveness of the UN Security Council: A Concert Approach.” Global Governance.