New Starting Fall 2012!
For graduate students at IU seeking to specialize in European area studies. The Certificate requires 15 credit hours (or five courses) of graduate coursework.
- one approved graduate course from History (3-4 credits)
- one approved graduate course from Political Science or European Law (3 cr)
- one approved graduate course on the European Union, Europe in the World or taking a comparative perspective on Europe and other world regions (3cr)
- one approved graduate course on Literature/Culture (3cr)
- elective course in European Studies (2-4 cr)
- reading competence in at least one approved European language
No more than three of the twelve credit hours may be in readings (W805) or independent research (W875). A maximum of 4 credits or one course may be taken within the student's major field of study.
Students seeking information about the certificate and its requirements or enrollment should contact the European Studies office.