Quiz 3 Study Guide
This quiz covers all five pages of the
Acoustics 2 app.
Make sure you understand the following terms and concepts. “(p. 1)”
means the information is discussed on page one of the app.
- differences between sine, sawtooth, and square
spectra (p. 1):
- Which harmonic partial numbers do they have in common?
- Which harmonic partials are omitted from the sine and
- What are some differences between the spectrum of a piano
note and that of a sawtooth waveform with the same fundamental
frequency? (p. 2)
- aperiodic waveform (p. 3)
- white noise, pink noise (p. 3)
- musical interval (p. 4)
- frequency ratio between the two pitches of an octave (p. 4)
- harmonic series (p. 5)