For Graduate Students
Conference Travel Awards, Spring 2017
IU graduate students traveling to academic conferences to present East Asia-related papers may apply for an EASC Conference Travel Grant.
- Maximum award amount is $300 and is meant to supplement other sources of support, which applicants are strongly encouraged to seek.
- The College Graduate Office and the Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) also have conference travel funds for graduate students. Applying for these and other travel funds strengthens the EASC Conference Travel Grant application.
- Each graduate student is eligible to receive only one travel grant per 12-month period (October to September).
- January 30, 2017 (for travel during Spring 2017)
Applications must include:
- Application form (PDF)
- One-page abstract of conference paper
- One-page CV (including G.P.A. of graduate work at IU)
- Letter of acceptance or copy of the conference program
- Letter of support from your faculty advisor that includes an assessment of the significance of the conference in a) your field and b) your career
Please submit applications to:
Hye-Seung (Theresa) Kang
Indiana University East Asian Studies Center
Global and International Studies Building
355 North Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-1105
Please note: Applications must be submitted prior to undertaking travel. It is possible to receive an award after the trip has been completed as long as the application was submitted before the trip began. The EASC executive committee, which makes all final funding decisions, meets in October to review applications for fall semester travel and in February to review applications for spring semester travel.