School of Nursing
The School of Nursing will promote nursing care excellence through a community of lifelong learning that focuses on society’s needs for high-quality health care and scientifically educated professional nurses.
- A Critical Thinker who demonstrates intellectual curiosity, rational inquiry, problem-solving skills, and creativity in framing problems.
- A Culturally Competent Person who can provide holistic nursing care to a variety of individuals, families, and communities.
- A Knowledgeable Coordinator who facilitates access to resources necessary to meet the healthcare needs of individuals, families, and communities.
- A Politically Aware individual who participates in the profession and the practice of nursing with a global perspective.
- A Conscientious Practitioner who practices within the ethical and legal framework of the nursing profession.
- An Effective Communicator who is able to share accurate information.
- A Competent Provider of health care who assumes the multiple role dimensions required of structured and semi-structured health care settings.
- A Professional Role Model who promotes a positive public image of nursing.
- A Responsible Manager who balances human, fiscal, and material resources to achieve quality health care outcomes.