Departments & Programs
Major in Biochemistry—B.S.
Students must complete all of the following Foundations, Intensive Writing, Foreign Language, and Breadth of Inquiry requirements:
- Writing, same as B.A. degree (Intensive Writing, English Composition).
- Foreign language, 3 credit hours of any foreign language at the second-year level.
- Arts and humanities, two courses.
- Social and historical studies, two courses.
- Natural and mathematical sciences, fulfilled by major.
Students must complete all of the following course work with a grade of C– or higher in each course:
- 45 credit hours of coursework which must include: A314, A316, N330, C341, C342, S343, C361-C362 or C361-C481, C484, C485 and C487 or B487. The following courses may not be counted in the 45 credit hours required for the major: C103, C107, G201, G207, C240, C243, G307, G407, and G499.
- At least 5 of the remaining credit hours must be in lecture courses at the 400 level or above.
- At least 4 of the remaining credit hours must be in laboratory courses.
- Mathematics M211 and M212.
- Physics P221 and P222.
- Biology L112, L211, and at least one of the following: L311, L312, M250-M255, M430.
Students must also complete the degree requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Chemistry C481 is recommended over Chemistry C362.