When: May 13 to July 31
Time: 12 to 2 pm on Wednesday and Friday or any other time during the week by appointment.
Venue: IU Asian Culture Center, 807 E. 10th Street
The Asian Culture Center will provide a FREE confidential counseling service this summer from May 13 to July 31, 2014. Our counselor is available during set hours on Wednesday & Friday and by appointment on Monday through Friday and is accepting new clients. Counseling service is provided to individuals who may need assistance with any of the following:
· dealing with transitions
· solving relationship issues
· coping with stress
· exploring sexuality and gender
· experiencing anxiety or depression
· dealing with drug or alcohol issues
· dealing with career indecision, disappointing academic results, loneliness, isolation or homesickness, time management and study skills
· adjusting to a new environment including a new town or state.
· seeking help with learning skills on how to interact better with others and/or build self-esteem.
If you would like to get more information, make an appointment, or would like to explore your options, feel free to contact our counselor, Rose (Xinrui) Xu by emailing ACC@indiana.edu or by calling (812)-856-5361. Counseling sessions will be held at the IU Asian Culture Center, 807 E. 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47408.
Event: Asian Fair and Welcome Reception
Date: September 4, 2015
Time: 4 pm to 6 pm.
Venue: Front Lawn, ACC, 807 E. 10th Street
Our regular events and programs at the ACC will resume when the new semester begins the week of August 25, 2014. We will be using the summer break to plan for the academic year 2014-15. If you have ideas and/or suggestion for programs and topics that you would like us to feature in our discussion events, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and have a wonderful break!
Here is a list of our regular programs, click for details:
- Asian Cultures Around Campus
- Asian Language Learning Program (Classes will start from September 9, 2013. Schedule is posted! Click ALLP link.) Sign up here
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Asian Presidents' Dinner Meeting
- Asian Student Leadership Retreat
- Henna Lessons 101
- Monday Table Topics: Round-Table Discussion
- Over A Cup Of Tea
- Recipe Exchange and Cooking Demonstration
- 'Retracing Our Roots' Retreat
- Weekly Asian Games Featuring Mah-Jong and Go
- Who are Asian Pacific Americans?