University Clinical Affairs
Indiana University is the prime mover in life and health sciences across Indiana. As the home of eight health science schools including the second largest medical school in the country, IU prepares healthcare professionals who serve the citizens of Indiana and beyond. As a hotbed for innovative research and ideas that translate into practical solutions, IU is a major economic driver in health sciences for the state and is poised to become a national leader in collaborative practices.
University Clinical Affairs (UCA) serves as the coordinating body for health sciences at Indiana University, working with all campuses to identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration and coordination across educational, research, clinical, and administrative areas. Learn more by exploring the individual sites below, or contact Program Manager Ellen Burton at email@example.com.
The UCA Committee comprises the deans of the Schools of Dentistry, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, Public Health—Bloomington, Public Health—Indianapolis, and Social Work:
- Dr. Jay Hess, Vice President for University Clinical Affairs, Chair, University Clinical Affairs Committee, Dean, School of Medicine
- Dr. Anantha Shekhar, Associate Vice President for University Clinical Affairs, Director, Indiana CTSI
- Dr. Austin Agho, Dean, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
- Dr. Joe Bonanno, Dean, School of Optometry
- Dr. Marion Broome, Co-Chair, University Clinical Affairs Committee, Dean, School of Nursing
- Dr. Paul Halverson, Dean, Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI
- Dr. Michael Patchner, Dean, School of Social Work
- Dr. Mohammed Torabi, Dean, School of Public Health—Bloomington
- Dr. John Williams, Dean, School of Dentistry
University Clinical Affairs also includes the IU Center for Interprofessional Health Education and Practice (CIPHEP) and the University HIPAA Compliance Program.